By clicking VERIFY below you are confirming that you are 21 years of age or older.Verify
Prep Time: 20 minutes
Cook Time: 30 minutes
Total Time: 50 minutes (+ 12 hours 10 minutes standing time)
1 3/4 cups all-purpose flour (approx.)
3/4 cup warm water (approx. 105ºF to 115ºF)
1 1/4 tsp instant active dry yeast
1 tsp granulated sugar
1 tbsp olive oil
1 tsp salt
2 tbsp olive oil
4 cups fresh spinach
1 tsp minced fresh garlic
8 oz fresh mozzarella cheese, torn
1 cup marinated artichoke hearts, patted dry and coarsely chopped
4 slices bacon, cooked and chopped
8 anchovy fillets
2 tbsp balsamic glaze
1. Dough: In bowl, stir together 1/4 cup flour, warm water, yeast and sugar; let stand for 5 to 10 minutes or until mixture starts to look bubbly and frothy. Using wooden spoon, stir in olive oil, remaining flour and salt to make loose dough. Transfer mixture to lightly floured surface; knead for 10 to 15 minutes, adding flour as needed, to make soft, elastic, and slightly sticky dough.
2. Form dough into ball; transfer to lightly greased bowl. Brush top of dough lightly with oil; cover with wet kitchen towel. Let stand in warm spot for about 2 hours or until doubled in size. Punch down dough; transfer to airtight container or resealable plastic bag. Refrigerate overnight; let stand at room temperature for 2 hours.
3. Toppings: Preheat oven to 450ºF. Heat olive oil in large skillet set over medium heat; cook spinach and garlic for 1 to 2 minutes or until spinach is wilted. Remove from heat; set aside.
4. On lightly floured surface, roll out dough into 12-inch round. Transfer dough to lightly greased 12-inch pizza pan.
5. Sprinkle mozzarella over dough. Top with artichokes, bacon, anchovy fillets and reserved spinach. Bake, rotating pan halfway through, for 20 to 25 minutes or until edges are golden brown and cheese is melted. Let cool slightly. Drizzle with balsamic glaze.
Tip: As a make-ahead option, the pizza dough can be made in advance and frozen for up to 3 months in an airtight container or resealable plastic bag. Thaw at room temperature for 2 hours before using.
This pizza pairs particularly well with Bogle Pinot Grigio! Prep time: 15 minutes Cook time:...READ MORE
This pizza pairs particularly well with Bogle Cabernet Sauvignon! Prep time: 20 minutes Cook time:...READ MORE