By clicking VERIFY below you are confirming that you are 21 years of age or older.Verify
Raw pizza dough from the store
Creamy base – 2 cloves smashed garlic with salt, ½ cup mayonnaise, ½ tsp salt
Red onion – ½ onion sliced thin tossed in 2 TB olive oil
Biquinho Sweet Drop peppers – coarsely chopped. SUB: if you cannot find these delicious morsels that are not spicy, you can use pickled jalapenos chopped
Fresh rosemary – 1 tsp chopped
Shredded mozzarella – 2 cups
Extra Virgin Olive Oil – for drizzling
1. Preheat oven to 500 F, pizza stone on lower rack.
2. We need this deliciousness NOW – no time to mess around making dough from scratch ;o)
3. Mix together the CREAMY BASE.
4. Sprinkle counter with flour and start rolling out that dough to 6” x 10” square – don’t stress it if it is bigger or smaller!
5. Top dough with CREAMY BASE then cheese and red onion and rosemary. Place pizza on stone and baking sheet in oven.
6. Remove after about 10 minutes. Toss sweet peppers on top of pizza and drizzle with olive oil! CUT Brazilian style, in small squares!
Who is more fun – the Brazilians or the Italians? BOTH!
Having lived in Brazil for more than 20 years it is a tough call! But luckily Brazil has the largest number of Italian immigrants outside of Italy, so Brazil gets the best pizza plus the awesome Brazilian culture!
This pizza brings them both together – with the flavors of the Brazilian “biquinho sweet drop” peppers often found at steak houses in Brazil with the Brazilian way of cutting pizza into little squares so you can eat it at the bar! The ULTIMATE BAR FOOD! With some rosemary, olive oil, garlic and Mozzarella cheese we have the Italians covered too!
This is the pizza that brings me back to my time in Brazil, but that my Italian friends would certainly love as well! Viva Brasil e Viva Italia!
BRAZILIAN AND ITALIAN
This pizza pairs particularly well with Bogle Pinot Grigio! Prep time: 15 minutes Cook time:...READ MORE
This pizza pairs particularly well with Bogle Cabernet Sauvignon! Prep time: 20 minutes Cook time:...READ MORE