By clicking VERIFY below you are confirming that you are 21 years of age or older.Verify
This pizza pairs particularly well with our Chardonnay.
Prep time: 45 minutes
Cook time: 50 minutes
Total time: 1 hour 35 minutes (+ 1 hour 50 minutes standing time)
1 cup warm water (115°F)
1 teaspoon granulated sugar
1 tsp yeast
2 to 2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour (approx)
1 teaspoon salt
Cornmeal, for dusting
2 tablespoons vegetable oil
1 lb. chicken breasts, cut into 1-inch pieces
1 teaspoon salt, divided
3/4 teaspoon pepper, divided
1 onion, diced
4 cloves garlic, minced
2 tablespoons grated fresh ginger
2 teaspoon garam masala
1 teaspoon turmeric
1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1 teaspoon red chili powder
2 tablespoons tomato paste
1 can (14 oz) crushed tomatoes
1/2 cup 35% heavy cream
3 tablespoons butter
1 1/2 cups mozzarella cheese, divided
1 cup shredded Cheddar cheese
1/2 cup thinly sliced red onion
1/4 cup yogurt
Fresh cilantro leaves, for garnish
1. Preheat oven to 500°F. Place pizza stone on bottom rack of oven; heat for at least 30 minutes.
2. Crust: Meanwhile, pour water into bowl of stand mixer. Add sugar; stir until sugar is dissolved. Sprinkle yeast over top; let stand for 5 to 10 minutes or until foamy. Add 2 cups of the flour and salt; mix using dough hook attachment. Gradually knead in enough of the remaining flour until ball forms. Transfer dough to floured countertop; knead for about 8 minutes, adding flour as needed to make smooth dough.
3. Place dough in greased bowl; cover with tea towel. Let rise in warm spot for about 1 hour or until doubled in bulk. Knead dough briefly; form into ball. Cover with clean tea towel; let rest for 30 minutes.
4. Toppings: Heat vegetable oil in large skillet set over medium-high heat; cook chicken and 1/2 teaspoon each salt and pepper. Cook for 8 to 10 minutes, turning occasionally until well browned all over. Transfer to plate; set aside.
5. Heat remaining oil in same skillet set over medium heat; cook onion, garlic and ginger for 3 to 5 minutes or until softened. Add garam masala, turmeric, cinnamon and chili powder; cook for about 1 minute or until very fragrant. Return chicken to skillet; stir until well coated. Add tomato paste; cook for 1 minute. Stir in crushed tomatoes; reduce heat to medium-low. Stir in cream; simmer for 12 to 15 minutes or until thickened and chicken is cooked through. Stir in butter; season with remaining salt and pepper.
6. Form dough into 14-inch round. Spread cornmeal on pizza peel; arrange dough on top.
7. Sprinkle 1 cup mozzarella and Cheddar cheese evenly over dough. Top with 2 1/2 cups of the chicken mixture. Top with red onion and remaining mozzarella cheese.
8. Slide pizza onto pizza stone; bake for 13 to 15 minutes or until cooked as desired.
9. Top with drizzle of yogurt and sprinkle of cilantro leaves.
Use store-bought butter chicken sauce and cooked rotisserie chicken for quick preparation.
Leftover butter chicken can refrigerated for up to 3 days and served with steamed hot rice or pita bread.
Use store-bought pizza dough, if desired.
The dough can be prepared the day before and proofed overnight in the fridge if desired.
This pizza pairs particularly well with our Pinot Noir. Prep time: 35 minutes Cook time: 30...READ MORE
This pizza pairs particularly well with our Rosé. Prep time: 35 minutes Cook time: 30...READ MORE