Prep Time: 20 minutes
Cook Time: 40 minutes
Total Time: 1 hour (+ 12 hours 10 minutes standing time)
1 3/4 cups all-purpose gluten-free flour blend (with xanthan gum)
1 tsp salt
3/4 cup warm water (approx. 105ºF to 115ºF)
1 tbsp olive oil
1 1/4 tsp instant active dry yeast
1 tsp granulated sugar
1 small eggplant, sliced into 1/4-inch thick rounds
3 tbsp olive oil
1/2 tsp each salt and cracked pepper
3/4 cup pizza sauce
8 oz fresh mozzarella cheese, torn and divided
2 large tomatoes, sliced
1/3 cup grated Parmesan cheese
1/4 cup torn fresh basil
1. Dough: Preheat oven to 425ºF. In bowl of electric stand mixer, stir together gluten-free flour blend and salt; set aside. In large measuring cup, stir together water, olive oil, yeast, sugar and 1/2 cup of the flour mixture. Let stand in warm spot for 10 to 15 minutes or until mixture starts to look bubbly and frothy.
2. Add yeast mixture to flour mixture. Using dough hook attachment, mix together on medium-high speed for 4 to 6 minutes or until mixture is tacky.
3. Form dough into ball; transfer to lightly greased bowl. Brush top of dough lightly with oil; cover with wet tea towel. Let stand in warm spot for about 2 hours or until doubled in size. Punch down dough; transfer to airtight container or resealable plastic bag. Refrigerate overnight; let stand at room temperature for 2 hours.
4. Transfer dough to well-greased 12-inch pizza pan. Press dough to edges of pan. Prick all over with fork; bake for 10 to 12 minutes or until dough is just beginning to brown and firm up.
5. Toppings: Toss together eggplant, olive oil, salt and pepper. Arrange evenly on baking sheet; roast, flipping halfway through, for about 20 minutes or until golden and tender.
6. Spread pizza sauce over dough. Top with 1/2 cup mozzarella, and roasted eggplant and tomato slices. Sprinkle with remaining mozzarella. Bake for 8 to 10 minutes or until crust is golden and crisp, and cheese is melted. Sprinkle with Parmesan and basil.
Tip: If the gluten-free flour blend does not include xanthan gum, add 1 tsp of xanthan gum to dry mixture.
This pizza pairs particularly well with Bogle Pinot Grigio! Prep time: 15 minutes Cook time:...READ MORE
This pizza pairs particularly well with Bogle Cabernet Sauvignon! Prep time: 20 minutes Cook time:...READ MORE