By clicking VERIFY below you are confirming that you are 21 years of age or older.Verify
Prep time: 20 minutes
Cook time: 35 minutes
Total time: 55 minutes (+ 2 hours standing time)
1 cup warm water (115°F)
1 teaspoon granulated sugar
1 teaspoon yeast
2 to 2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
1 teaspoon salt
Cornmeal, for dusting
1/4 cup gochujang sauce
3 tablespoons rice wine vinegar
2 tablespoons tomato paste
2 tablespoons brown sugar
2 1/2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese, divided
2 cups shredded slow-cooked pork ribs
1/2 cup diced pineapple
1/3 cup thinly sliced red onion
Fresh cilantro leaves, for garnish
1. Preheat oven to 500°F. Place pizza stone on bottom rack of oven; heat for at least 30 minutes.
2. Crust: Meanwhile, pour water into bowl of stand mixer. Add sugar; stir until sugar is dissolved. Sprinkle yeast over top; let stand for 5 to 10 minutes or until foamy. Add 2 cups of the flour and salt; mix using dough hook attachment. Gradually knead in enough of the remaining flour until ball forms. Transfer dough to floured countertop; knead for about 8 minutes, adding flour as needed to make smooth dough.
3. Place dough in greased bowl; cover with tea towel. Let rise in warm spot for about 1 hour or until doubled in bulk. Knead dough briefly; form into ball. Cover with clean tea towel; let rest for 30 minutes.
4. Form dough into 14-inch round. Spread cornmeal on pizza peel; arrange dough on top.
5. Toppings: In small bowl, whisk together gochujang, rice wine vinegar, tomato paste and brown sugar. Spread evenly over dough, leaving 1-inch border all around.
6. Sprinkle 1 1/2 cups mozzarella cheese over top. Top with pork, pineapple, red onion and remaining mozzarella cheese.
7. Slide pizza onto pizza stone; bake for 13 to 15 minutes or until cooked as desired.
8. Sprinkle with fresh cilantro.
Use store-bought pizza dough and pulled pork if desired.
The dough can be prepared the day before and proofed overnight in the fridge
This pizza pairs particularly well with our Pinot Noir. Prep time: 35 minutes Cook time: 30...READ MORE
This pizza pairs particularly well with our Rosé. Prep time: 35 minutes Cook time: 30...READ MORE