By clicking VERIFY below you are confirming that you are 21 years of age or older.Verify
This pizza pairs particularly well with our Pinot Noir.
Prep time: 35 minutes
Cook time: 30 minutes
Total time: 1 hour 5 minutes (+ 1 hour 40 minutes standing time)
1 cup warm water (115°F)
1 teaspoon granulated sugar
1 teaspoon yeast
2 to 2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour (approx)
1 teaspoon salt
Cornmeal, for dusting
1 lb. mixed mushrooms (oyster, shiitake, maitake, cremini)
2 tablespoons olive oil
2 shallots, finely chopped
2 cloves garlic, minced
2 teaspoons fresh thyme leaves
1/2 teaspoon each salt and pepper
3 tablespoons sherry
1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
1 1/2 cups shredded Gruyère cheese
1 tablespoon white truffle oil
1 tablespoon finely chopped chives
1. Preheat oven to 500°F. Place pizza stone on bottom rack of oven; heat for at least 30 minutes.
2. Crust: Meanwhile, pour water into bowl of stand mixer. Add sugar; stir until sugar is dissolved. Sprinkle yeast over top; let stand for 5 to 10 minutes or until foamy. Add 2 cups of the flour and salt; mix using dough hook attachment. Gradually knead in enough of the remaining flour until ball forms. Transfer dough to floured countertop; knead for about 8 minutes, adding flour as needed to make smooth dough.
3. Place dough in greased bowl; cover with tea towel. Let rise in warm spot for about 1 hour or until doubled in bulk. Knead dough briefly; form into ball. Cover with clean tea towel; let rest for 30 minutes.
4. Toppings: Slice or tear mushrooms. Heat oil in large skillet set over medium-high heat; cook mushrooms, shallots, garlic, thyme leaves, salt and pepper, stirring frequently, for 8 to 10 minutes until mushrooms are browned and tender. Deglaze pan with sherry; cook for about 1 minute or until liquid has evaporated.
5. Form dough into 14-inch round. Spread cornmeal on pizza peel; arrange dough on top.
6. Sprinkle mozzarella and 1 cup Gruyère cheese over dough. Top with mushroom mixture and remaining Gruyère cheese.
7. Slide pizza onto pizza stone; bake for 13 to 15 minutes or until cooked as desired.
8. Top with drizzle of truffle oil and sprinkle of chopped chives.
Use store-bought pizza dough if desired.
The dough can be prepared the day before and proofed overnight in the fridge.
This pizza pairs particularly well with our Chardonnay or Sauvignon Blanc. Prep Time: 20 minutes...READ MORE
This pizza pairs particularly well with our Phantom Chardonnay, Chardonnay or Rosé. Prep Time: 20...READ MORE