Prep Time: 20 minutes
Cook Time: 25 minutes
Total Time: 45 minutes (+ 12 hours 20 minutes standing time)
- Dough: In large measuring cup, stir together water, yeast and sugar. Let stand in warm area for 10 to 15 minutes or until mixture starts to look bubbly and frothy. Stir in melted butter.
- Using electric stand mixer with dough hook attachment, mix together flour, cornmeal and salt on low speed, slowly adding yeast mixture until combined. Mix for 4 to 6 minutes or until dough starts to form ball and pulls away from side of bowl.
- Form dough into ball; transfer to lightly greased bowl. Brush top of dough lightly with oil; cover with wet tea towel. Let stand in warm spot for about 2 hours or until doubled in size. Punch down dough; transfer to airtight container or resealable plastic bag. Refrigerate overnight; let stand at room temperature for 2 hours.
- On lightly floured surface, press dough into 12-inch round. Lightly grease 9-inch round deep cake pan; sprinkle with cornmeal. Transfer dough to prepared pan, pressing dough up side of pan.
- Toppings: Preheat oven to 425ºF. Spread pizza sauce over dough. Sprinkle with 3/4 cup cheese. Top with pulled pork, bacon, red onion and chili pepper. Sprinkle with remaining cheese.
- Place cake pan on baking sheet; bake, rotating pan halfway through, for 20 to 25 minutes or until edges are golden brown and cheese is melted. Let cool for 10 minutes.
- Drizzle with barbecue sauce; sprinkle with green onion.
- If desired, substitute shredded rotisserie cooked chicken lightly tossed with barbecue sauce for pulled pork.