So the last of our winter veggies has come out of the garden to make way for the summer planting. What shall I do with all this kale?
Try this simple and satisfying soup for dinner…opt to make vegetarian by omitting the sausage, or go whole hog! (Ha,ha.) Either way, enjoy!
- Heat 1 T. of oil in a Dutch oven over medium heat. Brown the sausage, then remove to a bowl.
- Add 2 T. oil back to put and cook the onion and garlic over medium heat, stirring often. Season with salt and pepper. Saute until browned.
- Add the wine, broth and potatoes then cover and simmer. Cook 15-20 minute until potatoes are very tender.
- Remove a few potatoes to mash, return to the broth and thicken the soup.
- Add the kale and simmer uncovered about 5 minutes.
- Stir in the sausage and cook just 5 minutes, to meld flavors.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste. Garnish with red pepper aioli, hot sauce or just a piece of crusty bread!