Prep Time: 20 minutes
Cook Time: 40 minutes
Total Time: 1 hour (+ 12 hours 10 minutes standing time)
- Dough: Preheat oven to 425ºF. In bowl of electric stand mixer, stir together gluten-free flour blend and salt; set aside. In large measuring cup, stir together water, olive oil, yeast, sugar and 1/2 cup of the flour mixture. Let stand in warm spot for 10 to 15 minutes or until mixture starts to look bubbly and frothy.
- Add yeast mixture to flour mixture. Using dough hook attachment, mix together on medium-high speed for 4 to 6 minutes or until mixture is tacky.
- Form dough into ball; transfer to lightly greased bowl. Brush top of dough lightly with oil; cover with wet tea towel. Let stand in warm spot for about 2 hours or until doubled in size. Punch down dough; transfer to airtight container or resealable plastic bag. Refrigerate overnight; let stand at room temperature for 2 hours.
- Transfer dough to well-greased 12-inch pizza pan. Press dough to edges of pan. Prick all over with fork; bake for 10 to 12 minutes or until dough is just beginning to brown and firm up.
- Toppings: Toss together eggplant, olive oil, salt and pepper. Arrange evenly on baking sheet; roast, flipping halfway through, for about 20 minutes or until golden and tender.
- Spread pizza sauce over dough. Top with 1/2 cup mozzarella, and roasted eggplant and tomato slices. Sprinkle with remaining mozzarella. Bake for 8 to 10 minutes or until crust is golden and crisp, and cheese is melted. Sprinkle with Parmesan and basil.
- If the gluten-free flour blend does not include xanthan gum, add 1 tsp of xanthan gum to dry mixture.