Prep time: 35 minutes
Cook time: 40 minutes
Total time: 1 hour 15 minutes (+ 1 hour 30 minutes standing time)
- Preheat oven to 500°F. Place pizza stone on bottom rack of oven; heat for at least 30 minutes.
- Crust: Meanwhile, pour water into bowl of stand mixer. Add sugar; stir until sugar is dissolved. Sprinkle yeast over top; let stand for 5 to 10 minutes or until foamy. Add 2 cups of the flour and salt; mix using dough hook attachment. Gradually knead in enough of the remaining flour until ball forms. Transfer dough to floured countertop; knead for about 8 minutes, adding flour as needed to make smooth dough.
- Place dough in greased bowl; cover with tea towel. Let rise in warm spot for about 1 hour or until doubled in bulk. Knead dough briefly; form into ball. Cover with clean tea towel; let rest for 30 minutes.
- Toppings: Season steak with 1/2 tsp each salt and pepper. Heat 1 tablespoon vegetable oil in large heavy-bottom pan or cast iron skillet set over medium-high heat. Sear steak for 3 to 4 minutes per side or until well browned. Sear fat cap, rocking back and forth, for 1 to 2 minutes or until evenly caramelized. Remove from heat; let rest for 10 minutes. Slice steak into strips. Set aside.
- Meanwhile, in same skillet set over medium heat, combine remaining vegetable oil, onion, mushrooms, and remaining salt and pepper; cook, stirring frequently, for 8 to 10 minutes or until mushrooms and onion are browned and tender.
- Form dough into 14-inch round. Spread cornmeal on pizza peel; arrange dough on top.
- Sprinkle mozzarella cheese evenly over dough. Top with mushroom mixture and blue cheese.
- Slide pizza onto pizza stone; bake for 13 to 15 minutes or until cooked as desired.
- Scatter sliced steak over pizza.
- Top with baby arugula, Parmesan cheese and drizzle of olive oil.
- Use store-bought pizza dough if desired.