One of the Delta’s historic crops, Bartlett pears, comes into season in late July and August. This recipe is a classic, with a twist on the finish using goat cheese ricotta. Delicious!
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- In a medium saucepan, combine the pears, honey, lemon juice, 2 T. cinnamon, 1 tsp. vanilla and moscato. Bring to a simmer over medium heat. Cover and simmer until pears are tender.
- Using a slotted spoon, transfer fruit mixture to a medium bowl and allow to cool slightly.
- Simmer the remaining syrup in the pan until reduced to 1/2 cup, 5 minutes or so. Set aside.
- Meanwhile, combine granola, brown sugar and 1/2 T. cinnamon in a bowl.
- Fill four single serve ramekins with the pear mixture. Top with 1/4 cup of the granola topping. Dot with butter. Bake for 25 minutes, or until filling bubbles at the edges.
- In a small mixing bowl, whip the ricotta cheese, 1 tsp. vanilla and a splash of moscato.
- Spoon 2 T. of the ricotta on top of the hot crisp. Drizzle with the reduced syrup.