During the busy months of summer, this simple and flavorful salad fills the bill when it comes to a quick lunch or dinner. A combination of sweet, salty and savory, all this salad needs is a glass of wine to make it perfect!
- Make the dressing at least one hour, or up to two days before using: whisk together the balsamic vinegar, orange juice, agave syrup or honey and salt & pepper until combined. While continuing to whisk, drizzle in the olive oil until emulsified. Store in a glass mason jar or dressing carafe, but do not refrigerate.
- Prepare a grill or grill pan over medium heat. Make sure to oil the grates and brush off any remaining char with a wire brush.
- Wash and dry the nectarines. Slice in half and lightly brush with olive oil. Place the nectarines, skin side down, on the grill. Cook for three minutes or until starting to soften, then turn. Cook another two minutes until marked, but do not allow to get too soft. Remove from the grill and allow to cool.
- While the grill is hot, place a grill-proof pan (like a small baking sheet) on the grate. Carefully place the pieces of prosciutto onto the pan. Cook for 6-8 minutes, turning once or twice, until crisp. (This step can also be done on the stovetop.) Remove from heat and allow to cool.
When ready to serve…
- Toss the arugula, greens and mint together in a large bowl. Separate into 4 equal portions and place in a bowl or on a plate.
- Slice the nectarine halves lengthwise and place 2 halves on each salad.
- Top the salad with equal servings of the prosciutto and blue cheese.
- Drizzle the dressing on the salad and you are ready to enjoy!