Recipe courtesy of Amy Brown
- Put garlic, olive oil, honey, rosemary, and healthy dashes of salt and pepper into a bowl. Add lamb and turn to coat. Let sit to marinate for 40 minutes.
- Sauté butter and shallots on medium high heat. Once they are translucent, add lamb chops to the pan. Sear each side for 3-4 minutes, crispy on the outside, juicy on the inside.
- Remove from pan and cover with foil for 5 minutes.
- To make glace, add all ingredients in a blender or food processor and blend until smooth.
- Saute the sauce on low for 20 minutes. Season to taste with more herbs and balsamic as needed.
- Continue stirring sauce until it is a thicker consistency. Allow to cool. Set aside.
Sweet Potato Mash
- Boil the broth and water and add the sweet potatoes, skin on. Boil until the potatoes are fork tender.
- Drain, then mash with a fork or potato masher until desired consistency. Add spices, to taste.
To plate the dish, place a small amount of the sweet potato mash on a plate. Criss cross two of the chops over the top of the mash and drizzle with the blueberry sauce. Garnish with rosemary and serve with a glass of Bogle Old Vine Zinfandel.