Whether you make this decadent dessert for your sweetie or for a Saturday night with friends, we have no doubt that you’ll love every delicious bite! Be careful when cooking…it just takes a few seconds to go from liquid lava to solid cake. Don’t overcook the goodness!
Molten Lava Cake
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
- Grease 6 small 6oz. ramekins or custard cups. (Heart shapes are adorable!)
- In the microwave, melt the chocolates and butter slowly in 1 minute increments, stirring each time, until completely smooth.
- Add the flour and sugar and stir to combine.
- Stir in the eggs and yolks until smooth.
- Add the port or liqueur. Mix well.
- Divide the batter evenly between the ramekins. Place in the oven and bake for 13 minutes. The edges should be firm, but the center will be a touch wobbly.
- Run a knife around the edges, then invert onto dessert plates. Dust with powdered sugar and cover with raspberry port sauce. Whipped cream is lovely too!
- In a medium saucepan, combine the frozen raspberries and port over medium low heat. Stir and mash the berries frequently. Allow to simmer and bubble until all the fruit has broken down and sauce has thickened a bit. Pass through a fine sieve or cheesecloth to strain seeds or leave as is.