Everyone has a family recipe for cooking that great big bird! We thought we’d share a family fave for what to do with those yummy leftovers after the celebration is over!
Makes one 9” pie.
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees.
- On the stovetop, heat a little olive oil over medium high heat. Add the onion, celery and carrot, and saute until veggies start to sweat. Add in turkey.
- Add the flour and stir well. Allow to cook about 2 minutes. Add the wine and broth and mix well.
- Add the fresh herbs and salt and pepper to taste. Cook for another few minutes until all flavors have time to incorporate.
- Add the cream and allow to simmer for 10-15 minutes until the mixture gets nice and thick. Set aside to cool slightly.
- In a oven safe pie dish, place the bottom crust and press into the pan and up the sides.
- Pour the turkey mixture into the pie crust. Place the top crust on and crimp to the bottom crust, sealing in the filling. Using a knife, pierce the top crust to make vents.
- With a pastry or bbq brush, coat the crust with the egg wash. Put the pie on a cookie sheet and place in the oven. Cook for 25-30 minutes or until the crust is deep brown and bubbling through.
- Serve with leftover green salad and a glass of Bogle Petite Sirah! Enjoy!!