Who says you can’t enjoy a little Bogle wine in the morning time? Brunch and Bogle are good friends, especially with these three great recipes. Settle in on a Sunday and enjoy…
Serve with Sweet Potato Hashbrowns.
- To make the hollandaise: set up a double boiler with simmering water. Put egg yolks, lemon juice and mustard in the top of the double boiler and whisk the yolk mixture to blend.
- Whisking constantly, add butter in a slow and stead stream. Cook the sauce, whisking, until is reaches 140 degrees, then adjust heat to maintain that temperature. Add the salt, pepper and cayenne and continue whisking until thick, about 3 minutes. Remove from stove and set aside.
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees. Split the English muffins and arrange on a baking sheet. Toast in oven about 5 minutes.
- Place two halves of a muffin on each plate and top with crab.
- To poach the eggs: bring 1 inch water to a boil in saucepan. Lower heat to barely a simmer. Crack eggs into the water one at a time, holding them close to the water and letting them slide in gently. Cook for 3-4 minutes, until just set. Lift eggs out with a slotted spoon, allow water to drain off, then place gently on the crab.
- Top each egg with 2-3 T. hollandaise sauce and serve immediately.