This chili is perfect for the crisp days of fall. Take it tailgating, or to a holiday potluck.
This will serve 4-6, but you’ll want to double it and freeze some for a busy weeknight defrost party!
- In a large pot, heat the olive oil and sauté the onions, carrots, celery, peppers and
garlic until tender.
- Add the ground turkey and cook until evenly browned. Pour into a slow cooker or
keep in the large Dutch oven or pot.
- Mix in tomatoes, sauce, pumpkin, beans and spices. (If you have other chili spices that you
like to use, feel free to add them!)
- Cook over very low heat or in slow cooker for 4-5 hours. Add water if the mixture
gets too thick. Stir every hour or so.
- Serve with a spoonful of sour cream and shredded cheddar cheese on top.
Tips: Rather than let those pumpkins on your doorstep get mushy and wet, bring them in, roast them up and make this delicious and healthy chili recipe. You can also use canned pumpkin if you are short on time.
After Thanksgiving, throw in your leftover turkey (after you’re sick of sandwiches!) instead of using the ground option.